Varicose veins represent an increase in the length and diameter of the veins, accompanied by thinning of the vessel wall. The cause of the disease is a violation of the elasticity of the vessel walls due to dysfunction of the vascular valves. Treatment of varicose veins in the lower extremities and other segments of the human body consists of medication and special therapeutic practices.
Benefits of therapeutic practices
Varicose veins are a disease that prevents you from living a quality and full life. It is almost impossible to get rid of it, but there are many ways to improve the condition of blood vessels and prevent exacerbations and complications. Pathology affects women much more often than men. Statistics show that varicose veins most often develop at the working age of 30-40 years.
Observations show that people who live a sedentary lifestyle are at risk of developing varicose veins. Therefore, therapeutic practices are the main means of combating the disease. Developed by experienced phlebologists and vascular surgeons. The complex is based on special exercises that:
- normalizes lymph outflow;
- improves general physical fitness;
- increases endurance;
- activates arterial blood flow;
- accelerates blood circulation;
- increases vascular tone.
A sedentary lifestyle and lack of exercise causes congestion in the organs, especially the lower extremities, which increases the pressure of blood fluid in the blood vessels, the excess of the lymph. In feelings, it manifests itself in the form of leg pain, difficulty moving, swelling. Regular loading with a specially designed system eliminates discomfort and pain.
Who shows exercises for varicose veins?
Varicose veins are recommended primarily for those who have already been diagnosed with varicose veins by professionals. In addition, you need to do special gymnastic exercises for people:
- leading a sedentary lifestyle;
- whose job it is to sit or stand for a long time;
- bad habits;
- rather, they often cross their legs while sitting;
- whose relatives suffer from this disease.
Experts advise doing 15 to 30 minutes of therapeutic exercises a day. It is better to do the exercises several times a day. Take an hourly break during the day to exercise.
One of the most effective and affordable versions of therapeutic exercises is walking. At least 10, 000 steps need to be taken every day to keep the blood vessels in your legs healthy.
Characteristics of physical activity
The negative effects of varicose veins are lack of physical activity and overload. Do not participate in therapeutic exercises until exhaustion.
Another important factor in therapeutic practices is clothing. It is not necessary to wear tight and tight uniforms for gymnastics. This is especially true for the lower extremities. Leggings, breeches, tight pants put pressure on the skin and compress the blood vessels. Choose loose-fitting warming pants made of natural materials.
Be sure to consult your lead doctor before beginning classes. You should also see a doctor after the exercise. As a rule, go to a phlebologist or angiologist once every 2 months. Continuous monitoring of analyzes and diagnostics allows the pathology to be controlled, improvements or complications to be identified, and further action to be corrected.
What sports can be played with varicose veins?
The varicose veins of the lower extremities show all sports that do not involve sudden movements and excessive strain on the legs. Doctors recommend that you give preference to:
- dance, up to 40 minutes;
- running up to 15 minutes;
Any sport in which sitting or reclining is permitted is permitted in the case of varicose veins. For example, you can do exercises for the arms, abdomen, develop flexibility.
What not to do with varicose veins
Do not engage in sports that involve increased stress on the legs. If you have varicose veins in your lower limb, the following exercises and activities are contraindicated:
- step aerobics;
- strengthening exercises on the legs to increase muscle mass (leg pressure);
- leans forward and sideways;
- skipping rope;
- hockey, etc.
In carrying out the above, the valves of the vessels will not be fully operational. The vessel walls are tensioned, the valves do not move the reverse flow, resulting in no opposite blood flow.
Great attention should be paid to shoes. In case of varicose veins, good quality sneakers or sneakers should be preferred.
The main set of exercises for all types of diseases
Developed by highly trained phlebologists, the general physiotherapy complex is suitable for all types of varicose veins. Make a non-slip mat, comfortable uniform and special shoes for your lessons. Basic exercises:
- From a supine position, you should pull one leg to your chest and squeeze it under your knee joint. This is followed by a stretched limb, straightened and frozen for a few seconds. Carefully lower it. Do the same with the second foot.
- Raise both legs from a supine position and hold them straight for a few seconds. Then bend your knees and straighten them again. Stay in this position. Lower both legs and repeat the cycle after 3-4 seconds.
- From a reclining position, lift your legs at a right angle and make rotating movements on your feet alternately with each limb. The exercise should be performed clockwise and counterclockwise.
- From a reclining position, lift your legs at a right angle, secure for a few seconds, and work intensely with your toes.
- From a supine position, lift your leg at a right angle and make movements with your foot, stretching your socks and pulling towards you. In addition, the legs must be turned in and out.
- In the sitting position, straighten your legs and move your legs in different directions, and make circular movements in one direction and the other.
- The arms extended along the body from the back or abdomen should be pressed against the legs and the straight leg should be raised as high as possible. At the highest point, secure the limb for a few seconds and lower it carefully.
- When inhaling from a standing position, lift your upper limbs, spread them apart, tilt your body and one leg forward, not backwards. Draw a "swallow. "
- From a standing position, scroll from the heel to the toes and back, transferring the weight smoothly.
- Walk around the room on your heels or toes alternately for 15 minutes.
Every exercise has a beneficial effect on the condition of the blood vessels, blood and lymph flow. Each should be repeated 10-15 times. It is better to find the opportunity to complete the entire complex at least twice a day.
Therapeutic practices for lower extremity varicose veins include vascular emptying, blood flow, and lymph flow activation:
- In a supine position, place a large pillow or several small pillows under your feet. Make sure your feet are horizontal and deviate 20 degrees from the floor. Relax in this situation.
- From your back, bend your lower limbs on the floor, resting your heels on the floor. The arms extend along the body on the back, on the hips. While inhaling, lift the upper end of the torso and sit down. When exhaling, lie down slowly and gently.
- From a supine position, raise both legs 20 degrees with your arms outstretched along your body and then the floor with a pillow pressed between your legs. When exhaling, lower your foot.
- From a supine position, focus on the upper shoulder girdle and legs. While inhaling, lift your buttocks and lower back off the floor, freeze for a few seconds, and lower yourself as you exhale.
- From a supine position, extend your arms along your body, bend your legs to your knees, and place them on the floor. Then draw in and pull out your stomach, taking a deep breath in and out.
Each exercise must be performed at least 15 times. Regular exercise prevents complications and improves the quality of veins.
To reduce the discomfort caused by varicose veins and improve the condition of your blood vessels, perform the following therapeutic exercises:
- In the supine position, the elongated straight lower and upper limbs should be raised at right angles. Hold the position for a few seconds with a steady deep breath. Shake your arms and legs for 2-3 minutes in an elevated position.
- Standing, place your palms behind your head and fold them into the lock on the back of your head. Make smooth body turns to the right and left.
- When standing, you should extend your arms forward parallel to the floor and press your palms into your fists. Hold the position for a few seconds and spread your fingers as far apart as possible.
- From a supine position, lift one arm while holding the wrist of the rising limb with the other hand. Do it for both hands.
- From a standing position, lift your outstretched arms and press your fingers firmly into your fists and release them. Run at least 80 times.
Each exercise should be performed at least 15-20 times. The greatest effect is provided by therapeutic exercises, which must be performed at least twice a day.
Bad habits, especially smoking, are of great importance in the condition of the veins. Quit the cigarette, which adversely affects the condition of the blood vessels.
Exercises for the small pool
In the case of pelvic varicose veins, exercises should be performed to eliminate congestion:
- From a supine position, lift your legs bent at the knees and perform the "cycling" exercise. Make sure your lower back is pressed against the floor. Perform simulated cycling in one direction and the other. Rotate your legs in one direction for at least 3 minutes.
- From a supine position, extend your arms along your body, raise your outstretched legs 20-25 degrees above the floor, and perform the horizontal scissors exercise.
- From a supine position, extend your arms along your body, lift your outstretched legs 40-55 degrees above the surface of the floor, and perform the "vertical scissors" exercise.
- From a supine position, focus on the head and shoulder blades. While inhaling, lift your legs and tear your buttocks off the floor - perform a birch stand. Support the lower back with your hands. Keep your legs at right angles to the floor and bend your knees.
- From a standing position, the legs should be extended wider than the shoulders. Straighten your back, slowly descending into a semi-squat as you inhale without reaching your thighs parallel to the floor. Secure yourself in this position for a few seconds. Slowly pick up the starting position.
- From the position sitting on the floor, emphasis should be placed on the outstretched arms. One leg should be bent at the knees and the other should be raised with maximum amplitude.
Each exercise should be performed in 15-20 repetitions.
Regardless of the location of the varicose veins, perform a complex several times that contributes to the overall strengthening of the venous vessels:
- Scroll from a standing position from your toes to your heels, transferring your weight. Do not make sudden movements, breathe deeply and evenly, keep your balance. Make at least 30 rolls.
- In a standing position, walk in place without lifting your toes, alternately lift your heels and transfer your weight from one leg to the other. Perform at least 30 exercises.
- In a standing position, inhale, pull your shoulders back, try to connect your shoulder blades, and stretch your chest. As you exhale, bend your shoulders back forward and lower your head to your chest. Do the exercise slowly, at least 15-20 times.
- Inhale from a standing position, raise your straight arms and extend on your toes. Freeze for a few seconds and let go slowly. Repeat at least 15-20 times.
- In any position, stretch and relax your buttocks. Freeze for a few seconds under voltage. Do several sets a day. The number of repetitions is at least 15-20 at a time.
These exercises do not take much time, but are an excellent tool for activating lymph and venous blood flow.
Exercises to prevent varicose veins
It is better to prevent all diseases than to cure them. If you are at risk or have all the prerequisites for developing varicose veins, start preventative exercises in advance:
- In a supine position, extend your arms along your torso. Raise your straightened legs on a low chair. Take turns pulling your toe towards you. Perform at least 15-20 reps with each foot.
- In a supine position, stretch your upper limbs along your body, lift your straightened legs, and spread them as far apart as possible. Rotate the foot outward and at least 15-20 times in both directions.
- Lying on your back, extend your straight arms along your body. Raise your straight legs to 45 degrees and unfold them. Make circular motions with your legs bent in and out on your knees. Perform 15-20 repetitions.
- Raise your straightened legs from a supine position while you inhale. Lift your buttocks off the floor and help yourself with your hands to secure the lower back. Make sure your feet are perpendicular to the floor. Extend your legs to the side and swing left and right and back and forth. Keep your balance.
Perform a few light jumps on your toes from time to time throughout the day. Then take a break and jump again.
Other ways to treat the disease
As further recommendations for varicose veins, doctors recommend a comprehensive approach to treating the problem:
- set the diet, add vegetables, fruits, fish and seafood to the menu;
- refuse bad habits;
- choose comfortable underwear that does not restrict movement;
- wear compression stockings, stockings, stockings;
- perform therapeutic exercises;
- walk every day;
- to go swimming;
- go for a lymphatic massage.
There are also many folk methods for treating varicose veins.
Massage of the lower limb varicose veins should be performed by a qualified professional. It is a pattern of movements along massage lines that speeds up lymph flow and improves vascular activity. If you do not have the opportunity to take a course massage at a health care facility, perform the manipulations at home, remembering a few rules:
- All movement should be directed to the lymph nodes. For example, if you are massaging your foot below the knee, make all the passages from the lower leg to the patella. The lymph node is concentrated below.
- Do not push too hard. Adjust the pressure, do not allow the dishes to pinch.
- Use massage creams or ointments to treat varicose veins.
A light foot massage at the end of the working day will have a beneficial effect on general well-being, dissipate lymphatic circulation and relieve fatigue.
The diet of varicose veins contains the general principles of proper nutrition:
- exclude fried, salted, smoked;
- limits salt intake;
- drink at least 1. 5 liters of clean drinking water;
- eat vegetables and fruits daily;
- enrich your menu with fish dishes;
- eat cereal in the morning;
- give up flour, sweet, animal fats, margarine;
- prefer lean meats - turkey, chicken, rabbit, beef, veal;
- steam or cook the food.
In addition to a balanced diet, choose a vitamin complex with your doctor. It is important to reduce weight if it is far from normal. Increased pressure on the veins causes complications.
As an aid in the treatment of varicose veins, there are folk recipes that have proven to be positive:
- Ointments made of wood lice, horse chestnut, celandine, wormwood, cabbage, Kalanchoe, willow bark. To prepare, remove one of the crushed raw materials, mix with 300 ml of vegetable oil and heat in a water bath for 15 minutes. Cool and filter the mixture. Add animal fat to the product for density. Rub the medicine into your feet daily.
- Kalanchoe tincture. Take the chopped herb and pour in 1: 1 with medical alcohol. Leave the mixture in a dark, cool place for 2 weeks. Then rub into the skin from the leg to the knee in the evening.
- Apple vinegar. Ordinary 9% apple cider vinegar should be rubbed into the lower extremities. The product is rich in vitamins and minerals needed for dishes. Effectively relieves swelling and improves blood circulation.
- Honey wrap. The natural honey is applied to the skin of the foot and packaged in polyethylene. The beneficial ingredients in honey have a beneficial effect on the condition of the blood vessels. Exposure time from 2 hours.
- Compresses from cabbage leaves. The effectiveness of cabbage against poorly healing wounds, dermatitis and venous inflammation has long been proven. Apply to feet and secure with foil. You can take at least 2 hours or leave overnight.
- Iodine nets. A mesh is drawn on the legs with ordinary medical iodine with a cotton ball. The device improves the condition of inflamed veins.
You can use vodka instead of medical alcohol to make folk remedies.
Do not rely solely on conventional treatments. Treatment should be selected by a physician.
Contraindications to physiotherapy practices for varicose veins
In pathology, you cannot overload your feet. Physical complexes are designed to remove pain and improve the condition of veins. You should refrain from therapeutic practices if:
- aggravation of varicose veins;
- worsening of the condition after training;
- diseases unrelated to varicose veins.
Any discomfort should be reported to your doctor. You should only choose the right treatment with a specialist.
A comprehensive approach to the problem is important in the treatment of varicose veins. In addition to drug therapy, therapeutic practices are highly effective. The success of the exercises depends on the regularity and calculation of the load. See your doctor regularly to check the results.