Varicose veins are one of the most common diseases. Protruding veins and spider veins not only impair the appearance of the legs but also endanger health. Traction feelings in the calves, followed by pain, blood clots - the disease is dangerous.
Formal medicine, in the vast majority of cases, tends to undergo surgery. Sometimes patients are prescribed venotonics, exercise therapy, and diet. But let’s not forget informal medicine - folk methods.
Causes of the disease
The causes of varicose veins play an important role as they need to be eliminated in order to make further treatment more effective. Varicose veins are very common in pregnant women as well as in those whose close relatives have suffered from this pathology.
Work that requires a long session or job is also a provoking factor. If a person falls into the above risk groups, they should take preventative measures, ie walk more, run, eat vegetables and fruit, lie down more often with their legs raised, and start treatment when the first signs appear.
Folk remedies for the treatment of varicose veins
- One of the most common recipes is hop brewing. Crushed cones in 1 tablespoon. l. pour a glass of hot water and place in a water bath for a quarter of an hour. Filter the liquid before consumption. Drink a decoction like other medications, half an hour before meals, three times a day. We recommend that you do not stock them up for future use, but make a fresh daily dose;
- The infusion of Antonovka apples helps to cleanse the blood, improves blood formation, normalizes sleep and appetite. You need three fruits to do this. Place in an enamel dish, pour 1 liter of boiling water, cover and wrap for 3 hours. After a certain time, the apples are crushed without being taken out of the water. The infusion does not need to be filtered. It is consumed on an empty stomach before going to bed in the morning and evening, with a quarter cup, eating honey;
- Another effective folk remedy for varicose veins is apple cider vinegar. Rub the blood vessels with this liquid and swallow vinegar water at the same time (1 teaspoon per 1 glass);
- If the blood vessels are very swollen and there are hard plaques, green tomatoes are used. Unripe vegetables are cut into circles, wrapped in a sore spot, and secured with an elastic bandage. The procedure is performed at night. The process of this type of treatment is quite long - at least six months;
- Sour milk + chopped herb wormwood. The ingredients are mixed and applied to a bandage that is placed on the foot and secured with patches. You can take the above apple infusion at the same time. Course - 5 days, then break 10 and repeat;
- Nettle is an effective cure not only for the treatment of varicose veins but also for many other diseases. However, the therapy is quite long - about six months. During this time, the infusion of the plant should be drunk. Bring the ingredients to a boil over low heat (proportions described above), cool and filter. The resulting broth was divided into 3 portions (approximately 75 ml each). Drink the medicine as usual before a meal;
- Raw potatoes. Grind 5 medium tubers on a grater and apply the resulting puree to the legs wrapped in polyethylene. Clean the limbs after 4 hours. Reviews of such therapy indicate relief of pain, retraction of veins, and significant improvement in limb condition;
- Horse chestnut tincture is one of the most famous treatments for severe forms of varicose veins. You need 50 g of vegetable inflorescence and 1 liter of vodka for cooking. The ingredients are mixed and infused for 2 weeks, shaking occasionally. Take 30 ml three times a day before meals for 1 week, then take a break for 5 days and repeat the course. The result will be noticeable in a month and a half.
- Garlic + oil. Mix the ingredients in a ratio of 1-2. The mixture is applied to the problem areas and bonded. The procedure is performed at night. In the morning, wash the residue with warm water. In this case, it is recommended to wear wool socks and soft pants so as not to injure sensitive blood vessels.
- The anti-varicose cocktail contains almonds, honey and plain water. We break some nuts into a powder. The proportions are the same as when making the potions. Sweeten with a spoonful of honey. The ingredients are mixed well and infused over about an hour. The infusion should be taken before breakfast and 2 hours afterwards. However, it is recommended to consume pine nuts and rub the affected areas with oil.
- Kalanchoe winged. This houseplant has been shown to be effective in combating varicose veins. To make the medicine, a one-liter bottle should be half-filled with leaves and 70% alcohol should be poured on top. In this form, the ingredients are left for 2 weeks, shaking periodically. Apply the infusion once a day in the evening. The improvement is noticeable after the first application.
- Wood lice and burdock. Pureed and lightly heated wood lice are applied to the affected area and wrapped in a burdock leaf. It is fixed with a bandage, which is removed after 30 minutes. The procedure can be performed up to 4 times a day. Cabbage leaves are also used instead of burdock.
- Purple leaves. A half-liter bottle is half-filled with sheets and poured with alcohol or vodka. We stick to the remedy for a week, shaking it regularly. The feet are completely rubbed for a month, along their entire length, including the feet.
- White acacia flowers can eliminate swollen varicose veins. To do this, pour 50 g of the plant into ½ liters of vodka and let it stand for 2 weeks. The limbs are moistened abundantly with the resulting liquid and rubbed.
- Grated garlic (250 g) + liquid honey (350 g). The blended ingredients stick for 7 days. Take 15 ml orally. Therapy lasts 1-2 months.
- Aerial part of male fern + flowers and leaves of silver worm. Grind the dry herbs in an mortar in equal proportions. One tablespoon of the mixture requires the same amount of sour milk. The resulting sludge is applied to the gauze, which is applied to the problem areas overnight.
- Arnica and hazelnut bark. A spoonful of the crushed plant is poured into 150 ml of hot water and left to stand for 8 hours. Drink 50 ml of liquid. However, it is recommended to apply a kefir compress at night.
- Ointment from herbs and badger fat: Dry sea buckthorn, St. John's wort, chamomile, meadow grass, cuffs, chicory required. Take one teaspoon of each, pour into a pan, pour 100 ml of hot water and bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly. After the mixture has cooled slightly, add vegetable oil or tallow and mix thoroughly. The resulting product is stored in a refrigerator. It is applied to the legs with a thin layer, covered with polyethylene on top and an elastic bandage. The bandage is changed up to 3 times a day. Course - 1 week.
It is worth noting that severe sections of varicose veins are not treated by folk methods and medications are helpless. In this case, you will need to see a phlebologist or you may need surgery.
Diet for varicose veins
Patients should include foods rich in vitamin C in the menu, which reduces swelling and strengthens the walls of blood vessels. It is therefore recommended to use:
- black currant;
- citrus fruits.
Seafood is also useful because it contains substances that increase the elasticity of blood vessels.
Vegetable fiber is given a prominent place in the diet, so it is recommended to eat:
- leafy vegetables;
- celery salad;
The substances in the above products ensure the normalization of the intestines, as the violation of its function increases the load on the veins of the legs.
To prevent blood clots, eat foods that reduce blood clotting. These are mainly coumarin-rich garlic and onions, olive oil, currants, cherries, lemons.
There are special training therapy complexes. The doctor will certainly introduce them to the patient. They can be done at home without any problems.
One of the most effective of the Mikulin exercise:
- The man stands on his toes and then suddenly falls on his heels.
- Repeat 30-50 times, then rest for 10 seconds.
- It is advisable to do this warm-up 2-3 times a day, but do not do more than 60 exercises at a time.
The disease must be treated in a complex way, using medicines, folk recipes, diet and movement therapy, compression underwear if necessary.