Any disease is easier to prevent than to treat. For example, the prevention of varicose veins protects against the development of an unpleasant disease. This can be done at home without significant time and physical costs. Your efforts will pay off with beautiful and healthy legs.
Venous disease was known in ancient Egypt. But this problem was handled in a rather barbaric way - the convex dishes were cauterized and the legs were tightly wrapped in a cloth.
Modern medicine offers a more humane and painless treatment. The causes of varicose veins are also known:
- genetic predisposition:
- bad habits (smoking, alcohol);
- frequent wearing of tight shoes and clothes;
- lack of physical activity.
Based on these factors, preventive measures have been developed to prevent or prevent the disease from getting worse.
How to prevent the appearance of varicose veins on the legs? To avoid feeling the symptoms of the disease, follow these simple recommendations.
- Wear comfortable and comfortable shoes with heels that do not exceed 6 cm. Leave a high stiletto heel for special events.
- Move and walk more, use the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Love cycling because riding an iron horse gives health and beauty to your feet.
- Do gymnastics, move your legs left and right in a circle in different directions. You also have to rise on your heels and toes. Such procedures can also be performed at home.
- Swimming is a good prevention against varicose veins.
Prohibited activities include weightlifting and heavy lifting, including huge bags of food that must be brought in from the store.
How to prevent varicose veins - an integrated approach
Varicose veins are not only a disease but also a condition of your lifestyle and the body as a whole. Prevention of venous diseases requires a deeper approach - correction of nutrition, proper organization of work and leisure, exploration of possible dangers and causes of vascular weakness, regular medical examinations.
Here are some preventative measures to treat varicose veins.
- Compression therapy. We are talking about corrective underwear, that is, elastic stockings, golf and tights.
- Weight normalization. The extra pounds contribute to the development of varicose veins in the legs and the treatment does not bring the expected effect.
- Give up smoking. The walls of the blood vessels feel strongly the negative effects of this bad habit.
- Foot massage. Even at home, you can massage your feet from head to toe on your own for five minutes. Self-massage is best after a small charge. This procedure is important as a prevention. In the presence of complicated disease, massage is contraindicated.
To prevent this problem from occurring, experts recommend that you take regular lumbar massage courses with a chiropractor and a professional massage therapist. Together, his actions are much more pleasant and less expensive than treating the disease.
- Sports. How to avoid varicose veins if we have sedentary work? Sign up for aerobics, run in the morning, swim and bike. Physical activity should be moderate so as not to put excessive strain on the legs. You can do the "bike" exercise at home. As your workout increases, keep your legs as low as possible. This will increase the effectiveness of your exercise. Lead an active lifestyle because it is not only important for the health of your blood vessels but also for a good mood.
- hygiene procedures. The cleanliness of the spaces between the toes should be monitored because any microtrauma, abrasions, corns, fungal formations and diaper rash are possible causes of varicose veins. When a wound appears, the necessary treatment should be done - treat with 3% hydrogen peroxide solution, apply iodine to the skin around the affected area and apply an antiseptic dressing.
For the feet, doctors recommend taking a warm bath with salt and pine essential oil or a contrast shower. In the morning, shower your limbs to the ankles with enough cold water. Good for preventing and treating varicose veins.
- Strengthening the wall of the veins. An experienced phlebologist will tell you how to prevent varicose veins with the help of venotonic drugs. The course must be completed 2-3 times a year.
- Getting rid of stress. Chronic fatigue, overwork, and depression are the reasons why the veins in the legs are unable to cope with their work. Seek the advice of a neurologist who will prescribe sedatives and herbs that you can cook at home. Hydromassage and relaxing massage help to soothe the nervous system. Learn not to take everything into your heart.
- special diet. Replace animal fats with vegetable fats. Consume olive oil, which contains omega-3 acids that improve blood flow. It is useful to use a little honey at night, dissolved in the mouth. If you are allergic to bee products, replace them with ginseng or lemongrass tea.
- Normal bowel function. Constipation can lead to varicose veins because it blocks the flow of blood through the veins in your legs. Eat more fiber (fresh vegetables, fruits, cereals, greens) for normal bowel movements. Avoid spicy, smoked and refined foods, you will have no problems. If the diet has not helped, consult a gastroenterologist who will prescribe the necessary treatment.
- Correct work. When choosing a profession, they are usually guided by their own talents and abilities. Heavy physical work, prolonged sitting, and standing are among the risk factors for the onset of venous disease. If you are prone to varicose veins or already have such a disease, choose a job carefully with an emphasis on working conditions. For those who sit all day, it will be helpful to know special exercises to normalize blood flow. Try to put your feet on a chair or a special stand regularly, preferably take off your shoes. Stand up every 2 hours and stand up on your toes, tear off your heels. This tightens the calf muscles, which in turn increases blood flow, eliminating congestion in the veins. How to avoid varicose veins during office work? Move around your workplace, from floor to floor, trying to go up the stairs, forgetting about the elevator. Get rid of the bad habit on the cross. So you’ll pinch your blood vessels and your varicose veins won’t wait. Those who work on their feet should stretch their legs a little for 5 minutes per hour. You can climb on your toes or squat.
- Choosing the right shoes. At home, try walking barefoot to stretch your legs. It is advisable to work only in comfortable, ornate or medium heels.
Diagnosis - varicose veins
If the development of the disease could not be avoided, you should organize the day so that the strain on the veins is kept to a minimum. The above recommendations are completely suitable for you, you should only consult a doctor about the massage. There are a number of tips to follow to prevent varicose veins from recurring and treating your varicose veins.
- Rest with raised lower limbs. To do this, lift the edge of the bed or place a roller on your feet to improve the flow of venous blood. This should be done during the day and at bedtime for a short break.
- Do not wear socks, knee-length trousers, and stockings with tight rubber bands, as these contribute to constriction of the veins, which causes the legs to swell. In addition, it is better not to wear nylon products because they cause itching and skin irritation. If you start combing these areas, it can introduce an infection that causes inflammation or phlebitis. Avoid tight underwear and clothes, it is better to prefer loose forms.
- Prefer comfortable shoes with heels up to 4 cm. If you have flat feet, use arch holders.
- With varicose veins in the legs, it is not possible to drastically change the climate because a drop in pressure and changes in air temperature put a strain on the blood vessels. We recommend that you plan your vacation in places where the climate is close to where you live.
- Beware of colds and overheating.
Perform simple exercises at home to help prevent the disease from getting worse.
Immediately after waking up, he can’t get up from the bed with a sharp jerk. The veins on the legs should be prepared to "switch" from a vertical position to a horizontal position. First, wrap your legs around, left, right. Bend and bend your legs at the knees and hips. Exercise. After 5-10 minutes of exercise, the legsthey can stand up.
Repeat the exercise before going to bed to improve blood flow and reduce swelling. This is good for both prevention and treatment.
To prevent or worsen varicose veins, we need to walk 30 to 40 minutes before going to bed. Sitting at the TV and computer, it contributes to the stagnation of blood and, as a result, the blockage of the blood vessels in the legs (thrombosis).
When diagnosing varicose veins, physical education should be performed twice a day, which can be called non-drug treatment. The exercises are fairly simple and easy to do at home.
Those who have undergone varicose vein surgery or sclerotherapy should visit a phlebologist once a year. The doctor will examine the condition of the legs, prescribe an ultrasound examination, after which he will prescribe medication or give recommendations that should be done at home.