Symptoms of varicose veins occur depending on the degree of damage and the severity of the pathology. Therefore, you need to pay special attention to the signs at the beginning of development. The success of the treatment depends on it. If varicose is detected in the initial stages, you can get rid of it completely with the help of special exercises, physiotherapy procedures and some medications. But if you already experience pain (symptoms) in the varicose veins at later stages, surgery cannot be avoided. Of course, it is much simpler, but also more expensive. In addition, varicose veins have complications and unpleasant consequences. And anyway, you need to do physiotherapy exercises.
Symptoms of varicose veins
Symptoms of varicose veins in the legs:
- Tired legs.
- Formation of the venous network.
- Pain syndromes.
- Discoloration of the skin.
- The protrusion of the pots and the increase in their size.
How to identify varicose veins in a timely manner
Usually, only fatigue in the lower extremities manifests itself in the initial stage. But no one is paying attention to this factor, citing the crazy rhythm of life. And even the swelling at the end of the work day isn’t too scary.
A person can only detect the development of a pathology in the presence of a venous network. And women do this most often in the spring and summer as the beach season approaches. However, before this special pattern appears, the patient must experience not only difficulty and fatigue but also pain. Although most people describe it because of spinal problems and other pathologies. It should be noted that if a person's skin is thin, the first "stars" are visible earlier than on thick skin.
But there are varicose veins not only in the legs, but also in the groin, uterus, and so on. Because of this, the symptoms change. For example, the symptoms of pelvic varicose veins manifest in abdominal pain and have nothing to do with the legs. However, the venous mesh may appear in the upper thigh.
It is very important that in the initial stage, the swelling and fatigue of the legs can be relieved quickly. To do this, it is enough to relax in a slightly lying position. Walking can also help relieve pain syndrome. With the development of the pathology, the patient may experience a feeling of fullness in the lower extremities. This usually happens after a long standing position, sitting, or walking for too long. The person then experiences cramps at night and later during the day.
Sections of varicose veins
Varicose veins have 4 stages:
- In stage 1 of the disease, the patient practically does not complain, only perceives fatigue and a slight manifestation of the mesh.
- In stage 2, severity, nocturnal convulsions, swelling, and swelling occur.
- In stage 3, severe swelling, compaction at the sites of network formation and pigmentation of the skin.
- In stage 4, the ulcers already appear and the trophism of the tissues is broken.
Causes of varicose veins
- Sedentary lifestyle.
- Genetic predisposition.
- Thrombosis of other veins.
- The effect of hormone therapy.
- Age - related changes.
- Pathology of the circulatory system (poor blood circulation, weakness of the walls of blood vessels, etc. ).
- Bad posture.
- Venous valve abnormalities.
- Obesity and malnutrition.
- Heavy physical activity.
- Exercise a little.
- Above all, the risk group includes those whose work is related to a standing position or constant movement. These are hairdressers, salespeople, marchenders, waiters, certain types of doctors, movers, and so on. The list is endless.
- Those who sit at a computer or office desk on weekdays are also at risk. Lack of movement causes stagnation of the circulatory system. The pool is most often affected. To avoid this, warm up once an hour.
- Obesity is the first enemy of blood vessels. The fact is that overweight people are overworked because of their own severity. Therefore, it is extremely important to pay attention to the symptoms of varicose veins in the lower extremities in a timely manner.
- Pregnant women. In this case, they gain weight quickly and the fetus puts pressure on the circulatory system.
- Deputies whose relatives suffered from varicose veins. These people have to follow certain rules throughout their lives. For example, eating right, not overloading yourself, exercising and controlling your weight.
What can't be done with varicose veins
First of all, it should be noted that you are wearing high heels and uncomfortable shoes. This affects the blood vessels in the most negative way. Under no circumstances should you throw one leg over the other. In this situation, the veins are compressed.
It is strictly forbidden to wear socks and knee pants that have a tight rubber band. Tight clothing should also be given up. It is not desirable to lift unbearable weights. A woman can lose up to 5 kg.
It is not recommended to drink alcohol in case of varicose veins. There is no safe dose of alcohol. Although alcoholic beverages are not the direct cause of varicose veins, alcohol abuse can generally negatively affect blood circulation, cause congestion, and increase the risk of high blood pressure and various cardiovascular diseases.
What are the complications
Important!In fact, complications of varicose veins can be fatal. This is why it is so important to pay attention to the symptoms of varicose veins and eliminate them in a timely manner. Complications include, above all, trophic ulcers, which are quite difficult to cure. In addition, thrombophlebitis, phlebothrombosis, and bleeding have been observed in varicose nodes. These pathologies lead to the development of the following. For example, varicothrombophlebitis, lebothrombosis and thromboembilia. And that already testifies to the violation of the deep veins. Chronic venous insufficiency and many more can develop.